Bill’s book of walking stories
A 60-YEAR-OLD hill walker from Portishead has published a book about his walking adventures.
Over the past five years, Bill Lloyd who lives in Hillcrest Road, has climbed Mount Kilimanjaro, walked the Inca Trail in Peru and has completed the ascent of all 190 mountains over 2,000ft high in Wales. He is one of just more than 300 people on record to have climbed them all.
His book, entitled I Should Have Taken Two…, traces Bills hill walking experiences, which started in his childhood in the South Wales Valleys.
It details many interesting walks as well as many stories, some humorous, about various chapters of Bill’s life.
He says writing the book was his way of ensuring that when he can no longer scale the heights or walk the valleys, he can at least read his book and relive the memories.
You may also want to watch:
I Should Have Taken Two… is on sale in Portishead at Morgan Westley in High Street or Summit Outdoor Leisure in Co-op car park. The books cost �5 each and �1 from each sale will be donated to the Jesse May Trust.
For further information Bill can be contacted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 10 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic