Bikers raise Freewheelers cash
MORE than �400 has been raised for charity by a group of bikers from Clevedon.
The Junction 20 Motorcycle Club held a fundraising bike run from the Salthouse Fields down to Weston’s Bike Night in memory of a founder member who died this year.
A total of 17 bikes took part on August 30 and, as a result of a collection and an extra donation by the club, a total of �440 will now be sent to Freewheelers blood bike volunteers.
The charity was chosen by the wife of Mostyn Lovett, who helped create the Clevedon group 12 years ago but died earlier this year aged 50, following a battle with cancer.
Club member Les Trudgian said: “It was nice to see some of the older members of the club take part out of respect for Mostyn.”
You may also want to watch:
Later this month, the group will also take on a 160-mile round trip to north Wales also in memory of Mostyn. Anyone wishing to take part should contact Les on 01275 872814.
- 1 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 2 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 3 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 4 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 5 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 6 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 7 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak
- 8 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 9 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in North Somerset
- 10 Clevedon LTC launch new beginners groups