Biker braves cycle challenge
Barber braves cycle challenge
A WELL-KNOWN barber from Portishead will be jumping on his bike in May to pedal 1,200 miles for charity.
Mark O’Hare, aged 41, of Mark’s Barber Shop in West Hill, is hoping to cycle from John O’Groats to Landsend in just 12 days.
Mark’s two children, Chloe, aged 15, and Oliver, aged 12, and his wife Jo are planning to join Mark on the last 20-mile stretch to help him reach his target.
The barber, who sets off on May 20, is hoping to raise �3,500 for CLIC. He said: “I’ve never done anything like this before, but I’m looking forward to it and I’ve been doing quite a bit of training.
You may also want to watch:
“My family are really supportive and they’re hoping to cycle the last bit with me.”
To sponsor mark visit www.virginmoneygiving.com and type in Mark’s name to find his sponsorship page.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 Portishead furniture maker features in new BBC TV series
- 10 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema