Biker braves cycle challenge
Barber braves cycle challenge
A WELL-KNOWN barber from Portishead will be jumping on his bike in May to pedal 1,200 miles for charity.
Mark O’Hare, aged 41, of Mark’s Barber Shop in West Hill, is hoping to cycle from John O’Groats to Landsend in just 12 days.
Mark’s two children, Chloe, aged 15, and Oliver, aged 12, and his wife Jo are planning to join Mark on the last 20-mile stretch to help him reach his target.
The barber, who sets off on May 20, is hoping to raise �3,500 for CLIC. He said: “I’ve never done anything like this before, but I’m looking forward to it and I’ve been doing quite a bit of training.
You may also want to watch:
“My family are really supportive and they’re hoping to cycle the last bit with me.”
To sponsor mark visit www.virginmoneygiving.com and type in Mark’s name to find his sponsorship page.
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 4 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 5 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 6 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 7 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 8 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party