Biker braves cycle challenge
Barber braves cycle challenge
A WELL-KNOWN barber from Portishead will be jumping on his bike in May to pedal 1,200 miles for charity.
Mark O’Hare, aged 41, of Mark’s Barber Shop in West Hill, is hoping to cycle from John O’Groats to Landsend in just 12 days.
Mark’s two children, Chloe, aged 15, and Oliver, aged 12, and his wife Jo are planning to join Mark on the last 20-mile stretch to help him reach his target.
The barber, who sets off on May 20, is hoping to raise �3,500 for CLIC. He said: “I’ve never done anything like this before, but I’m looking forward to it and I’ve been doing quite a bit of training.
You may also want to watch:
“My family are really supportive and they’re hoping to cycle the last bit with me.”
To sponsor mark visit www.virginmoneygiving.com and type in Mark’s name to find his sponsorship page.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 7 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 8 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport