Big toddle for youth centre fundraiser
FAMILIES can take part in a sponsored big toddle to raise money for Portishead Youth Centre.
The walk is being held at the Lake Grounds on August 25 at 11am and everyone is being invited to take part.
Entry is free and there will be balloons, cake and certificates given out to everyone who completes the event.
There will be a picnic after the toddle followed by family fun, organised by the parks and open spaces team, at 1pm.
On August 29 the club is also holding a family fun day at Clarence House in the High Street at 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
A range of activities will be on offer including a bouncy castle, face painting, pony rides, a balloon race and a barbecue.
Portishead Youth Club is currently trying to raise an extra �60,000 to kit out the facility following its �650,000 refurbishment.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 8 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
To take part in the walk people are being asked to register by picking up a form from the youth club in Harbour Road or calling 01275 842461. More information about both events can be found on its website at www.portisheadyouthclub.co.uk