Betsy runs for British Heart Foundation
A KEEN runner from Nailsea will take on the London Marathon to raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
Betsy Bebbington, a member of Nailsea Running Club, will compete in the race on April 17 to complete the 26.2 mile course.
This will be the sixth marathon the 46-year-old will have taken part in and she will don her official British Heart Foundation ‘Heart Runners’ vest for the occasion.
Betsy, a company secretary of Let’s Walk, which has shops in Nailsea and Thornbury, said: “I decided to take part because in the past two years my brother-in-laws, mother-in-law, my son and a colleague’s father have all been treated at the Bristol Heart Institute.
“It can be a very difficult time for those receiving treatment, their families and friends.
You may also want to watch:
“I wanted to do something more positive to help.
“The British Heart Foundation does great work to support those who require it and fund research into one of the country’s biggest killers.”
- 1 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 2 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 3 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 4 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 5 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 6 North Somerset authors publish books
- 7 PICTURES: Eat Nailsea food festival returns to town
- 8 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 9 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 10 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
Betsy is hoping to complete the marathon in less than three hours and 30 minutes.
To raise money she has sponsor forms and collection boxes at the Let’s Walk shop in Colliers Walk, Nailsea,.
Donations can also be made online at the address uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Betsy