Betsy runs for British Heart Foundation
A KEEN runner from Nailsea will take on the London Marathon to raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
Betsy Bebbington, a member of Nailsea Running Club, will compete in the race on April 17 to complete the 26.2 mile course.
This will be the sixth marathon the 46-year-old will have taken part in and she will don her official British Heart Foundation ‘Heart Runners’ vest for the occasion.
Betsy, a company secretary of Let’s Walk, which has shops in Nailsea and Thornbury, said: “I decided to take part because in the past two years my brother-in-laws, mother-in-law, my son and a colleague’s father have all been treated at the Bristol Heart Institute.
“It can be a very difficult time for those receiving treatment, their families and friends.
You may also want to watch:
“I wanted to do something more positive to help.
“The British Heart Foundation does great work to support those who require it and fund research into one of the country’s biggest killers.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 7 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 8 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
Betsy is hoping to complete the marathon in less than three hours and 30 minutes.
To raise money she has sponsor forms and collection boxes at the Let’s Walk shop in Colliers Walk, Nailsea,.
Donations can also be made online at the address uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Betsy