Betsy runs for British Heart Foundation
A KEEN runner from Nailsea will take on the London Marathon to raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
Betsy Bebbington, a member of Nailsea Running Club, will compete in the race on April 17 to complete the 26.2 mile course.
This will be the sixth marathon the 46-year-old will have taken part in and she will don her official British Heart Foundation ‘Heart Runners’ vest for the occasion.
Betsy, a company secretary of Let’s Walk, which has shops in Nailsea and Thornbury, said: “I decided to take part because in the past two years my brother-in-laws, mother-in-law, my son and a colleague’s father have all been treated at the Bristol Heart Institute.
“It can be a very difficult time for those receiving treatment, their families and friends.
You may also want to watch:
“I wanted to do something more positive to help.
“The British Heart Foundation does great work to support those who require it and fund research into one of the country’s biggest killers.”
- 1 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 2 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 3 Conservative named as Avon and Somerset police and crime commissioner
- 4 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 5 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell enjoy return to rugby action
- 7 May 17: Museums gear up to reopen in North Somerset next week
- 8 Yatton Bowling Club getting more youngsters involved
- 9 May 17: What can't open when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 10 LOCAL ELECTIONS: Who you can vote for in the by-election tomorrow
Betsy is hoping to complete the marathon in less than three hours and 30 minutes.
To raise money she has sponsor forms and collection boxes at the Let’s Walk shop in Colliers Walk, Nailsea,.
Donations can also be made online at the address uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Betsy