Betsy completes the marathon
A NAILSEA runner completed the London Marathon, raising more than �1,400 for the British Heart Foundation.
Betsy Bebbington completed the course in three hours 44 minutes and was helped along by groups of the charity’s supporters along the way.
This was the sixth marathon the 46-year-old has taken part in and she decided to raise money for the British Heart Foundation as many members of her family have been treated by the Bristol Heart Institute.
Betsy, owner of Let’s Walk in Nailsea, said: “You are aware that the discomfort you are feeling during the race is only for a short period, you can think to yourself ‘get on with it, nearly there’.
“However, there are some with heart disease where they have challenges for far longer and can have their lives affected dramatically.
You may also want to watch:
“I have raised �1,400 so far for the British Heart Foundation - this will allow them to continue to save thousands of lives through their ground breaking research and innovative prevention and care work.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week