Betsy completes the marathon
A NAILSEA runner completed the London Marathon, raising more than �1,400 for the British Heart Foundation.
Betsy Bebbington completed the course in three hours 44 minutes and was helped along by groups of the charity’s supporters along the way.
This was the sixth marathon the 46-year-old has taken part in and she decided to raise money for the British Heart Foundation as many members of her family have been treated by the Bristol Heart Institute.
Betsy, owner of Let’s Walk in Nailsea, said: “You are aware that the discomfort you are feeling during the race is only for a short period, you can think to yourself ‘get on with it, nearly there’.
“However, there are some with heart disease where they have challenges for far longer and can have their lives affected dramatically.
“I have raised �1,400 so far for the British Heart Foundation - this will allow them to continue to save thousands of lives through their ground breaking research and innovative prevention and care work.”
- 1 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 2 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 5 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 6 Lovell's heroics ensure Clevedon Town pick up draw with Ilfracombe Town
- 7 Man to run half marathon for cancer charity
- 8 How Somerset's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam