Betsy completes the marathon
A NAILSEA runner completed the London Marathon, raising more than �1,400 for the British Heart Foundation.
Betsy Bebbington completed the course in three hours 44 minutes and was helped along by groups of the charity’s supporters along the way.
This was the sixth marathon the 46-year-old has taken part in and she decided to raise money for the British Heart Foundation as many members of her family have been treated by the Bristol Heart Institute.
Betsy, owner of Let’s Walk in Nailsea, said: “You are aware that the discomfort you are feeling during the race is only for a short period, you can think to yourself ‘get on with it, nearly there’.
“However, there are some with heart disease where they have challenges for far longer and can have their lives affected dramatically.
You may also want to watch:
“I have raised �1,400 so far for the British Heart Foundation - this will allow them to continue to save thousands of lives through their ground breaking research and innovative prevention and care work.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 8 How to order free Covid home tests
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style