Beer and Cider Festival
Nailsea gears up for its popular beer and cider festival next month
FANS are counting down the days until this year’s Nailsea and Backwell Beer and Cider Festival.
The event will run from July 15-17 at Nailsea and Backwell Rugby Club, in West End Park, to raise money for the Children’s Hospice South West.
The festival has raised more than �40,000 for charities since the event started seven years ago.
As well as more than 100 beers and ciders to sample there will also be live music from local bands, including The Somerset Paddies and Dicey Rileys, and a number of side stalls and attractions for people of all ages.
You may also want to watch:
Festival committee chairman, Paul Turner said: “We are now organising our eighth festival which continues to be very popular, not only with the local community but we have people attending from Gloucestershire, Wales and Devon.
“This festival would not be possible without the support of our sponsors and we are really grateful to the sponsors who continue to help us each year and the new sponsors joining us this year.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
Last year the event attracted around 3,000 people and raised �3,500 for Nailsea Army Cadets and �3,000 for Help for Heroes.
Tickets are priced at �7 in advance and are available in Nailsea from Nailsea and Backwell Rugby Club, Corner Stores, in Kingshill, John Brown’s, in High Street, and Gilly’s Caf�, in High Street.
For more details about the festival visit www.applefest.co.uk. Entrance is �9 on the day and includes entry for all three days, a commemorative beer glass and your first beer or cider.
This year organisers are giving people the chance to sponsor a barrel to mark a a special occasion such as an anniversary or birthday.
It will cost �96 and you can add a message, name or photograph to the barrel signage to show who it is for.
Anyone sponsoring a barrel will receive four tickets to the festival with their first drinks token and an invite to the exclusive sponsors evening the night before the festival starts. To sponsor a barrel call Simon Davis on 07742 619922.