Bazaar set to take over town centre
UNDISCOVERED treasures could be unearthed during a fundraising bazaar in Clevedon’s town centre on Saturday.
Clevedon Pride’s Grand Bazaar will take place in Queens Square from 10am.
Hundreds of items have already been donated including garden tools, household goods, kitchenware, small pieces of furniture, ornaments and china.
Among the donations is a set of eight Bessie Gutman, A Child’s Best Friend, plates complete with display stands and certificates of authenticity.
The event is expected to attract collectors as well as bargain hunters.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds will go toward the work of Clevedon Pride, which is made up of volunteers who give their time to maintain the town centre.
Chairman Jo Lea-Jones said: “This is very much a community event and we are very grateful to everyone who has donated items, some very valuable.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
“It just goes to show how Clevedon residents really value the work Clevedon Pride is doing.”
Anyone who wants to donate items for the bazaar should call Julie Bisacre on 01275 874097. Collection can be arranged.