Bazaar raises Christmas lights cash
MORE than �1,200 was raised for Clevedon’s Christmas lights during a grand home and garden bazaar.
Organised by Clevedon Pride to help fund the festive lights in Queens Square, the event in the town centre saw hundreds of bargain-hunters turn out to view the items donated by residents and traders.
A number of collectable items were also valued by staff from Clevedon Salerooms and will go into the next specialist sale to be put on at the Kenn Road saleroom on April 12. The auction house has waived its usual commission fee to support the cause.
Clevedon Pride chairman Jo Lea-Jones said: “This was a fantastic effort on the part of Clevedon Pride and the Clevedon community.
“The money raised will be put toward the Christmas lights appeal of �10,000.”
You may also want to watch:
The next fundraising events to be put on by Clevedon Pride will be a spring fair in Queens Square from 10.30am-4pm on April 21 and an open gardens event on June23-24. Anyone wishing to get involved should call Mike Bisacre on 01275 874097.
- 1 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 2 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 3 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 4 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser