Bars and cafes for marina development
AN ARRAY of new bars and caf�s could be adorning Portishead marina before the end of the year.
This week sees the official launch of Crest Nicholson’s latest phase of its Port Marine development.
Images released show a row of commercial units ideal for bars and caf�s with stunning views over the marina, below a five-storey apartment block. Construction is already well under way and the first two apartments are nearing completion.
The new development has been greeted with a mixed response.
Councillor Reyna Knight, whose ward includes the marina, said: “I think many residents will be pleased to see more retail and leisure facilities coming to the marina.
You may also want to watch:
“However it is very important that those buying premises in this area are aware of the imminent commercial ventures that come with this latest build.”
Alex Woodward, of Portishead Chamber of Commerce, said: “The chamber is working hard to promote Portishead as a great place for business so we welcome the new commercial units at the marina and support wholeheartedly any new ventures moving to the area.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 8 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style