Bars and cafes for marina development
AN ARRAY of new bars and caf�s could be adorning Portishead marina before the end of the year.
This week sees the official launch of Crest Nicholson’s latest phase of its Port Marine development.
Images released show a row of commercial units ideal for bars and caf�s with stunning views over the marina, below a five-storey apartment block. Construction is already well under way and the first two apartments are nearing completion.
The new development has been greeted with a mixed response.
Councillor Reyna Knight, whose ward includes the marina, said: “I think many residents will be pleased to see more retail and leisure facilities coming to the marina.
You may also want to watch:
“However it is very important that those buying premises in this area are aware of the imminent commercial ventures that come with this latest build.”
Alex Woodward, of Portishead Chamber of Commerce, said: “The chamber is working hard to promote Portishead as a great place for business so we welcome the new commercial units at the marina and support wholeheartedly any new ventures moving to the area.”
- 1 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 2 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 6 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 7 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 8 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Pupils beat parents in school fun run