Baring their soles for hospice
CHARITY work is never easy but more than 30 intrepid volunteers put their heart and soles into raising money for Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW).
A total of 34 participants braved the rain to walk bare foot over hot coals at Charlton Farm in Wraxall.
Each of them completed the five-metre firewalk, raising more than �6,000 in the process.
Jen Waldron, CHSW events fundraiser said: “We would like to say a huge thank you to all our brave firewalkers.
“The rain didn’t dampen spirits and the atmosphere on the night was great.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone who took part should feel very proud knowing that they have not only faced their fears but also helped raise a fantastic amount of money.”
Live drumming and fire throwing performances were also held to create a carnival atmosphere on October 9.
- 1 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 2 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 New bike shelter opened at Weston General Hospital for Clean Air Day
- 7 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 8 Portishead Summer Show announces 2021 dates
- 9 Circus Funtasia comes to Clevedon
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset