Baring their soles for hospice
CHARITY work is never easy but more than 30 intrepid volunteers put their heart and soles into raising money for Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW).
A total of 34 participants braved the rain to walk bare foot over hot coals at Charlton Farm in Wraxall.
Each of them completed the five-metre firewalk, raising more than �6,000 in the process.
Jen Waldron, CHSW events fundraiser said: “We would like to say a huge thank you to all our brave firewalkers.
“The rain didn’t dampen spirits and the atmosphere on the night was great.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone who took part should feel very proud knowing that they have not only faced their fears but also helped raise a fantastic amount of money.”
Live drumming and fire throwing performances were also held to create a carnival atmosphere on October 9.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 5 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 6 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 7 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 8 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season