Bag snatcher pulls pensioner to the ground
AN 80-YEAR-OLD woman was dragged along the floor when a man snatched her bag in Portishead.
The woman was walking along Roath Road from High Street yesterday (Wed) afternoon when the incident happened sometime between 1.25-3.45pm.
At the top of the road she crossed over and walked up a driveway that leads to Briary Road and Leeside.
She heard running footsteps behind her and turned to see a man. He spoke to her before grabbing the handbag in her hand.
When trying to hold on to her bag, she fell to the ground and was pulled a short distance before she let go.
You may also want to watch:
The offender ran from the scene back the way he had come.
Anyone with information regarding the incident should call Nailsea CID on 0845 456 7000 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'