Bad weather forces skate festival date change
ORGANISERS of Nailsea’s 10th annual community skate festival have moved it forward to Sunday due to the bad weather predicted for Monday.
The event was due to be held at the park behind Scotch Horn Leisure Centre in Brockway on Bank Holiday Monday.
The action-packed day will include skateboard, rollerblade, BMX and scooter competitions along with dance performances by Simply Street, face painting and volleyball.
There will be an Olympic theme and torchbearer Corrinne Day will take along her torch for people to see between 2-4pm.
Visitors and participants will also have the chance to enjoy food from a barbecue as well as pancakes.
You may also want to watch:
Last year saw more than 40 youngsters take part in the various categories, with more than 400 spectators watching them show off their skills.
The contests will take place at the park adjacent to Scotch Horn Leisure Centre off Brockway and will run from 2.30-6.30pm. Registration opens at 1.30pm. Entry costs �1-2 depending on the category.
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 5 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 8 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 9 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 10 ‘You’ve been flamingoed!”
In the hope of encouraging younger people to take part, there will be categories for those aged 12 and under in both the skateboarding and rollerblading events.
The festival is organised by Holy Trinity and Trendlewood churches in partnership with Christian Surfers UK and is supported by Nailsea Town Council, Quartet Community Games and other community bodies in Nailsea.
Anyone wishing to get hold of an application form before the event should email firstname.lastname@example.org