May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- Credit: Archant
Backwell Leisure Centre has reopened its main pool today (Monday) after carrying out extensive repairs.
The facility reopened its learner pool, gym and squash courts on May 1 but the main pool was kept closed after a leak was discovered.
The work, which cost around £400,000, included roof repairs and internal heating works.
Cllr Mike Solomon, North Somerset Council's executive member for neighbourhoods and community services, told the Times: "In terms of public confidence, the centres are already very busy since reopening for swimming and gym in April.
"The centres are experienced with managing people coming in and out of the centres safely, for example, often one way in and one way out, due to the various stages of reopening over the last 14 months.
"User confidence is high, and people have been really positive about the measures in place to keep them and staff safe."
For more information on bookings and opening times visit www.leisurecentre.com/backwell-leisure-centre
- 1 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 2 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 3 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 4 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 5 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 6 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 7 Portishead retailer's suitcase appeal to support vulnerable African children
- 8 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 9 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 10 Clevedon United under-16 Girls stun Bishops Lydeard