May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- Credit: Archant
Backwell Leisure Centre has reopened its main pool today (Monday) after carrying out extensive repairs.
The facility reopened its learner pool, gym and squash courts on May 1 but the main pool was kept closed after a leak was discovered.
The work, which cost around £400,000, included roof repairs and internal heating works.
Cllr Mike Solomon, North Somerset Council's executive member for neighbourhoods and community services, told the Times: "In terms of public confidence, the centres are already very busy since reopening for swimming and gym in April.
"The centres are experienced with managing people coming in and out of the centres safely, for example, often one way in and one way out, due to the various stages of reopening over the last 14 months.
"User confidence is high, and people have been really positive about the measures in place to keep them and staff safe."
For more information on bookings and opening times visit www.leisurecentre.com/backwell-leisure-centre
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset