VILLAGERS will soon be able to see plans of what Backwell could look like in the future.
Backwell Parish Council set up a steering group to put together a Neighbourhood Development Plan based on the 2010 Backwell Community Plan.
The aim is to create a shared vision for the community and to set planning policies for the development and use of land.
In October all households in Backwell will receive a leaflet setting out the key issues and questions that have been considered and a rough guide to the draft plan called Backwell Future.
Then in November four open days will be held at the parish hall, Station Road, where the draft plan proposals will be displayed and members of the parish council and steering group will be available to answer questions.
You may also want to watch:
Residents will be able to comment on the plan during the formal consultation period, which will end in January 2013.
The draft plan will then be amended, if necessary, before going to North Somerset Council to ensure it fits with district policies and core strategy.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 Nailsea & Tickenham maintain unbeaten start with comfortable win over Chard
- 4 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 5 North Somerset Arts Week is huge success
- 6 School athletics tracks gets eco-friendly floodlight boost
- 7 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 8 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 9 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season
It will then be reviewed by an Independent Planning Examiner and finally presented to a referendum in Backwell.
Subject to final approval, it will become the developmental plan for Backwell from 2013-2026.
The draft plan will also be online at email@example.com