Camera club wants new members to join
- Credit: Nick Cambourne
Backwell Camera Club is looking for new members to join.
The club saw its membership drop during Covid.
It is able to procure speakers from far and wide and competitions and appraisals of member's pictures by outside experts continue to aspire its photographic art.
A club spokesman said: "Besides the weekly meetings there are subgroups who share their travel photos, discuss how to improve photo taking, printing and photoshop skills, enjoy the social activity of a photoshoot at an interesting location and support local community events to provide photos for their publicity.
"The club has a reputation for being a friendly club. We aspire to increase the ability of our members and are proud of our record in external competitions and honours."
The meetings are weekly and take place at 7.30pm on Thursdays at the WI Hall in Station Road.
There will be a special open evening on November 4 to provide a photographic taster for anyone interested in sharing or improving their photography.
- 1 'Red herrings' need to be ignored for Portishead Railway scheme
- 2 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES
- 3 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 4 Festival date change due to Queen's platinum jubilee celebrations
- 5 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 6 Meet Clevedon's newest children's author
- 7 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 8 Wurzels return to Cadbury House for pre-Christmas West Country knees up
- 9 Art gallery to host 'Clevedon artist of the year'
- 10 Portishead Players ready for Christmas show