Baby giraffe George welcomed into the world
AN ADORABLE addition has stumbled into the world at Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm in Wraxall.
George the baby giraffe was born at the Wraxall attraction on Friday, to proud parents Gerald and Genevieve, just in time for Father’s Day.
He arrived quickly and safely during the evening, watched closely by Gerald from across the giraffe house, following a staggering 15-month pregnancy.
Gerald found fame during his four-year wait for a girlfriend after he previously befriended an inquisitive goat called Eddie who shared his field.
Genevieve arrived in 2010 answering Gerald’s wish for a soul mate.
You may also want to watch:
She and George will now be allowed their own space for a few months while George grows stronger, separated by a fence from Gerald who can still lean over to see and sniff his family each day.
Giraffe keeper Emma Green said: “I’m thrilled to say the happy family are doing very well - little George seems very healthy and relaxed, and has been feeding well from mum Genny over the weekend.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 3 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 Woodspring Women in hunt for new players over the age of 16 to join their side
- 10 North Somerset Stars lose out to Cheltenham rivals
“He has his mum’s markings, and seems to have inherited her good-looks too. We’re delighted for Gerald and Genny and look forward to watching George’s development over the coming months.”