Firefighters tackle blaze in two garages

PUBLISHED: 10:53 15 April 2018 | UPDATED: 11:03 15 April 2018

The fire was started accidentally after a spark ignited some chopped wood.

The fire was started accidentally after a spark ignited some chopped wood.

Archant

Two garages caught alight in Portishead after a spark ignited some chopped wood.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service received several calls about the fire after people saw flames coming from two adjoining garages in Tydeman Road around midnight last night (Saturday).

Two crews from Portishead and one from Avonmouth put out the blaze using hose reel jets.

The adjoining property also filled with smoke and crews helped residents by removing the fumes using a positive pressure fan.

The fire started accidentally after a spark set fire to some chopped wood in the garage.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the North Somerset Times