Author publishes first book
A CLEVEDON author has seen his first published book go on sale.
Ben Mears’ The Haunting of Tyler May is the first of six instalments based on a teenage girl who, after emptying her classmate’s bag, discovers a secret that turns her life upside down and challenges her perception of the known world. It was released on sale on Saturday.
Ben, aged 43 of Beaconsfield Road, who also works part-time as an illustrator and graphic designer, is currently working on the second book in the series to be published next year.
Ben, a father-of-three, said: “I started writing many years ago, having read a couple of books that truly inspired me.
“It was a way of using my time constructively while I was prolifically writing too many songs for the band I was in.
You may also want to watch:
“Writing fiction was the answer, though I didn’t take it that seriously back then. These days it is all I want to do.”
Ben came across the idea for Tyler May’s story after talking to his eldest daughter who had recently read the Harry Potter series.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 5 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 6 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 7 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 8 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season
He said: “I was wondering, what would be good for her to read next – what would she really enjoy? And the seed of a story began to take root.”
Anyone wishing to buy a copy of the first in the Tyler May series can do so by at www.amazon.co.uk