Author publishes first book
A CLEVEDON author has seen his first published book go on sale.
Ben Mears’ The Haunting of Tyler May is the first of six instalments based on a teenage girl who, after emptying her classmate’s bag, discovers a secret that turns her life upside down and challenges her perception of the known world. It was released on sale on Saturday.
Ben, aged 43 of Beaconsfield Road, who also works part-time as an illustrator and graphic designer, is currently working on the second book in the series to be published next year.
Ben, a father-of-three, said: “I started writing many years ago, having read a couple of books that truly inspired me.
“It was a way of using my time constructively while I was prolifically writing too many songs for the band I was in.
You may also want to watch:
“Writing fiction was the answer, though I didn’t take it that seriously back then. These days it is all I want to do.”
Ben came across the idea for Tyler May’s story after talking to his eldest daughter who had recently read the Harry Potter series.
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 5 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 8 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 9 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 10 ‘You’ve been flamingoed!”
He said: “I was wondering, what would be good for her to read next – what would she really enjoy? And the seed of a story began to take root.”
Anyone wishing to buy a copy of the first in the Tyler May series can do so by at www.amazon.co.uk