Ashlea to shave head for charity
A STUDENT from Clevedon will have her head shaved to raise money for a charity that provides vital help to her mum.
Ashlea Zanker is appealing for sponsorship to help collect cash for the West of England MS Therapy Centre in Nailsea, which provides care for many people with multiple sclerosis, including her mum Louise.
The 21-year-old spends her free time working for Care Plus as a carer for people with MS all over North Somerset and so knows how people’s lives are affected by the incurable disease.
She said: “My mum has MS and uses the facilities at the MS Therapy Centre, including the oxygen treatment once a week on a Thursday. She loves that treatment and we think it is helping her a lot, and she seems to get on well with all of the people there too.”
The head shave will take place at L Style in Alexandra Road, Clevedon, at 2.30pm on Saturday and is being held in support of the charity’s Silver Jubilee Appeal, which was launched to raise �150,000 for the centre.
You may also want to watch:
A recent 20 per cent rise in the number of patients has put pressure on the resources of the charity, which relies entirely on public donations to be able to fund its expert staff and deliver crucial treatments and therapies to people who depend on its existence.
* Anyone wanting to sponsor Ashlea can visit her webpage at www.justgiving.com/ashlea-zanker
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans