Artists’ charity exhibition
- Credit: Archant
MORE than £1,000 raised at an art exhibition will be divided between good causes.
Organised by Clevedon Lions Club, the event at The Hawthorns in Elton Road over the Easter weekend featured 170 paintings by more than 50 different artists.
Throughout the weekend, more than 500 people visited the exhibition which was the 15th year it has been held in the town.
Thanks to commission from the sale of 26 pieces, along with hanging fees, the sale of cards and catalogues and some generous donations, more than £1,000 was raised.
This will be divided between the Cystic Fibrosis charity and the Lions club’s charities.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers of the event, who also included George Inger, are pictured with artists and some of the exhibition art.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 7 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 8 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe