Art festival enjoyed by all
SCHOOLCHILDREN, artists and musicians were brought together for a successful arts festival in Clevedon.
Amateurs and professionals from in and around Clevedon got involved in the week-long East Clevedon Community Arts Festival, which was organised by Father Ian Corbett and ran from November 1 until Sunday.
Youngsters from All Saints’ Primary School held an exhibition of their creative best at All Saints’ Church in All Saints Lane on November 2 alongside work put together by pupils from Clevedon School.
A celebration of local arts and crafts was also put on at St Mary’s Church in Castle Road on Saturday.
As well as artistic displays, a number of musical performances were held during the festival and included both professionals and amateurs performing together.
You may also want to watch:
Aimed at giving local artists and musicians a platform for their talent, it is hoped the festival will now become an annual event.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 8 How to order free Covid home tests
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style