Art festival enjoyed by all
SCHOOLCHILDREN, artists and musicians were brought together for a successful arts festival in Clevedon.
Amateurs and professionals from in and around Clevedon got involved in the week-long East Clevedon Community Arts Festival, which was organised by Father Ian Corbett and ran from November 1 until Sunday.
Youngsters from All Saints’ Primary School held an exhibition of their creative best at All Saints’ Church in All Saints Lane on November 2 alongside work put together by pupils from Clevedon School.
A celebration of local arts and crafts was also put on at St Mary’s Church in Castle Road on Saturday.
As well as artistic displays, a number of musical performances were held during the festival and included both professionals and amateurs performing together.
You may also want to watch:
Aimed at giving local artists and musicians a platform for their talent, it is hoped the festival will now become an annual event.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week