Armed robber threatens shop staff
A CLEVEDON shop assistant was threatened with a knife during an armed robbery on Saturday.
At about 9pm, a man entered the One Stop Community Stores in Bellevue Road to buy alcohol and cigarettes but left empty handed.
However, he returned 30 minutes later and threatened the shop assistant with a large knife.
He got over the counter and took a bottle of whisky, cigarettes and money from the till.
Fortunately no one was hurt during the incident.
Detective constable Maddy Fife said: “Incidents like this involving weapons are very rare in Clevedon.
“This is an isolated incident and a full investigation is underway to identify the offender.
- 1 More than 20 people fined for discarding fags and off-lead dogs
- 2 Woman dies after collision in Clevedon
- 3 Petition launched to halt planned bus cuts in North Somerset
- 4 Councillors hit back at proposed bus cuts in North Somerset
- 5 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
- 6 'Extreme heat' warning issued for Somerset
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 9 Deal means Portishead to Bristol rail line will open in 2026
- 10 Pictures: Clevedon care home celebrates summer fete
“We will be relentless in bringing them to justice.”
Police now want to speak to the man pictured as he may be able to help with the investigation.
Officers also want to speak to anyone who may know him.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.