Armed robber threatens shop staff
A CLEVEDON shop assistant was threatened with a knife during an armed robbery on Saturday.
At about 9pm, a man entered the One Stop Community Stores in Bellevue Road to buy alcohol and cigarettes but left empty handed.
However, he returned 30 minutes later and threatened the shop assistant with a large knife.
He got over the counter and took a bottle of whisky, cigarettes and money from the till.
Fortunately no one was hurt during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Detective constable Maddy Fife said: “Incidents like this involving weapons are very rare in Clevedon.
“This is an isolated incident and a full investigation is underway to identify the offender.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 3 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 4 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
“We will be relentless in bringing them to justice.”
Police now want to speak to the man pictured as he may be able to help with the investigation.
Officers also want to speak to anyone who may know him.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.