Apply for grants and donations
GROUPS and organisations in North Somerset have the chance to apply for a share in a community fund.
Britannia branches in Nailsea, Clevedon and Portishead are urging community groups, charities and schools to make applications for grants and donations toward their work.
Britannia has a community fund and charitable foundation, which are both now open for new applications for 2011.
During 2010, The Co-operative Financial Services, owner of Britannia, awarded grants totalling almost �500,000.
This year it is supporting projects that promote improvements in education, with a particular focus on numeracy and financial capability.
You may also want to watch:
Donations of up to �1,000 are available from the community fund and can be sought through a simple application. The foundation awards donations between �1,000 and �25,000.
For more details visit a Britannis branch, log on to www.britannia.co.uk or call Elaine Clews on 01538 391806.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 3 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 4 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 5 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 6 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 7 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 8 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 9 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 10 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day