Apply for grants and donations
GROUPS and organisations in North Somerset have the chance to apply for a share in a community fund.
Britannia branches in Nailsea, Clevedon and Portishead are urging community groups, charities and schools to make applications for grants and donations toward their work.
Britannia has a community fund and charitable foundation, which are both now open for new applications for 2011.
During 2010, The Co-operative Financial Services, owner of Britannia, awarded grants totalling almost �500,000.
This year it is supporting projects that promote improvements in education, with a particular focus on numeracy and financial capability.
You may also want to watch:
Donations of up to �1,000 are available from the community fund and can be sought through a simple application. The foundation awards donations between �1,000 and �25,000.
For more details visit a Britannis branch, log on to www.britannia.co.uk or call Elaine Clews on 01538 391806.
- 1 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 2 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 3 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 4 Nailsea & Backwell under-16s get better of Weston on return to rugby
- 5 Business expansion plans get the go-ahead at Royal Portbury Dock
- 6 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 7 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 8 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 9 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 10 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop