Appeals for animal food donations
A NORTH Somerset animal charity has launched a winter food appeal in the hope of replenishing its supplies.
Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary in Barrow Gurney is in need of donations of tins and pouches of food to give to the many dogs and cats it cares for over the coming weeks.
The charity was badly affected by last month’s flooding, which caused many of the animals to be temporarily moved from their kennels, and is now hoping for some much-needed support.
Anyone wishing to donate food can take it to the sanctuary in Wild Country Lane, Barrow Gurney, BS48 3SE. Portishead’s Specsavers shop in The Precinct off High Street is also collecting food donations.
Anyone wishing to give some money toward the charity’s work can do so by texting Grub24 and the amount to be donated to 70070.
You may also want to watch:
As part of the sanctuary’s fundraising efforts, a cabaret and disco night featuring Lee Ross and Andrea Barber will also be held at Pill Memorial Club in Lodway, Pill, at 7.30pm on Friday to include a buffet, bar and raffle. Tickets, priced �10, are available by calling 01275 474719 or visiting www.hollyhedge.org.uk
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'