Annual show promises to entertain
COLOURFUL exhibits and entertaining displays will be put on for all to enjoy during Nailsea Horticultural Society’s flower show this weekend.
To be held on Saturday and Sunday at Golden Valley Playing Field in Nailsea Park, the event will feature numerous classes as well as entertainment on the field.
As well as the usual horticultural and domestic entries on display, this will be the first year the show has also included wine classes. There will also be displays of photography, floral art and handicrafts. Children will have their own classes to enter.
Both days will also include a wide range of stalls and attractions for all to enjoy, including the chance to meet a group of alpacas.
On Saturday, the show will run from 12.30-7pm and entertainment on the field will include belly dancing, a brass band and a display by Woodspring Falconry.
You may also want to watch:
BBC Points West presenter David Garmston will officially open the show at 1.30pm.
On Sunday, the marquee will open at 10am and an open-air church service will be held in the morning.
- 1 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 2 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 New bike shelter opened at Weston General Hospital for Clean Air Day
- 7 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 8 Portishead Summer Show announces 2021 dates
- 9 Circus Funtasia comes to Clevedon
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
The afternoon will see a fun dog show take place at 1.30pm, which will be judged by BBC weather girl Jemma Cooper. Flower show trophies will be presented to award-winners at 4.30pm.
Entrance to the show is �2 and accompanied children aged under 16 can enter for free.
For more details contact the secretary on 01275 855342 or 855563.