PICTURES: ‘Marvellous’ crowd enjoys Tickenham Flower Show
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people stopped to admire the fantastic work of gardeners in Tickenham at the weekend.
Tickenham Flower Show drew a huge crowd and more than 1,000 exhibits on Saturday.
Cups were handed out for the best produce, floral art, shrubs, fuchsias, photography and more.
A competition was also run for the village's schoolchildren too.
Show secretary, Ann Loader, said: "We had a wonderful day on Saturday and were visited by more than 600 people.
You may also want to watch:
"We had 1,000 marvellous exhibits in all classes across the show and the standard was very high.
"We were entertained by The Rock Choir and Portishead Concert Band.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 3 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 4 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 5 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 Further delays for rail project
- 8 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 9 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 10 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
"Special mention must go to all our exhibitors without whom we would not have a show. They come from far and wide and we are most grateful to them all.
"A big thank you too, to all our volunteer helpers.
"We are the smallest show in the locality still under canvas and we would not be able to stage the show without the help we receive."