PICTURES: ‘Marvellous’ crowd enjoys Tickenham Flower Show
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people stopped to admire the fantastic work of gardeners in Tickenham at the weekend.
Tickenham Flower Show drew a huge crowd and more than 1,000 exhibits on Saturday.
Cups were handed out for the best produce, floral art, shrubs, fuchsias, photography and more.
A competition was also run for the village's schoolchildren too.
Show secretary, Ann Loader, said: "We had a wonderful day on Saturday and were visited by more than 600 people.
You may also want to watch:
"We had 1,000 marvellous exhibits in all classes across the show and the standard was very high.
"We were entertained by The Rock Choir and Portishead Concert Band.
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 3 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 4 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 7 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 8 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 9 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 10 Clevedon United Girls under-nines pass on thanks to their sponsors
"Special mention must go to all our exhibitors without whom we would not have a show. They come from far and wide and we are most grateful to them all.
"A big thank you too, to all our volunteer helpers.
"We are the smallest show in the locality still under canvas and we would not be able to stage the show without the help we receive."