Airport bus for village
VILLAGERS in Barrow Gurney look set to get a bus service to Bristol Airport from next month.
The Bristol Flyer would stop on the A38, at the end of Hobbs Lane, for passengers going to the airport or into Bristol.
Parish council chairman Eric Gates said: “The significance of the stop is it will provide safe pedestrian access from the centre of the village.
“The parish council is working to gain better access for pedestrians along the A38 for the benefit of the community at Naish Lane.”
The proposal is awaiting approval from the traffic commissioners but if given the go ahead will start from June 25.
You may also want to watch:
Discounted fares will be available by applying for a concessionary card from the airport website.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 5 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 6 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 7 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 8 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season