Afternoon of fun
A PORTISHEAD mum is using a prize won at a charity fundraising day to organise her own event for the same cause.
Michelle Bryant is putting on a children’s fun afternoon at Portishead Youth Centre to raise money for Cancer Research after winning free hall hire in a raffle at a fun day organised by the Parish family at Avon Way Hall.
The mum-of-two said: “I lost my mum to cancer earlier in the year and so when I won free hall hire it seemed a great opportunity to do some fundraising of my own.
“Most people these days have had their lives affected by cancer in some way and I feel it is important that we all do our bit to help the organisations that help research the disease or help those affected.”
Michelle has a host of activities arranged for the event which takes place at the Harbour Road centre on Saturday between 4-6pm.
You may also want to watch:
The activities aimed at five to 10-year-olds will include circus skills workshops, face painting, a disco, bouncy castle, sports and games. There will also be refreshments on sale and raffle with prizes ranging from �100 gift voucher from Bryant’s Jewellers to a Christmas Hamper. The event is open to everyone.
Michelle added: “A lot of people have already pledged their support. This promises to be lots of fun as well as raising money for such a worthwhile cause.”
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 3 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe