Afternoon of fun
A PORTISHEAD mum is using a prize won at a charity fundraising day to organise her own event for the same cause.
Michelle Bryant is putting on a children’s fun afternoon at Portishead Youth Centre to raise money for Cancer Research after winning free hall hire in a raffle at a fun day organised by the Parish family at Avon Way Hall.
The mum-of-two said: “I lost my mum to cancer earlier in the year and so when I won free hall hire it seemed a great opportunity to do some fundraising of my own.
“Most people these days have had their lives affected by cancer in some way and I feel it is important that we all do our bit to help the organisations that help research the disease or help those affected.”
Michelle has a host of activities arranged for the event which takes place at the Harbour Road centre on Saturday between 4-6pm.
You may also want to watch:
The activities aimed at five to 10-year-olds will include circus skills workshops, face painting, a disco, bouncy castle, sports and games. There will also be refreshments on sale and raffle with prizes ranging from �100 gift voucher from Bryant’s Jewellers to a Christmas Hamper. The event is open to everyone.
Michelle added: “A lot of people have already pledged their support. This promises to be lots of fun as well as raising money for such a worthwhile cause.”
- 1 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 2 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 3 'Inspiring' turnout for village's Great Big Green Day
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 6 Scholarship competition worth thousands of pounds launched to find area's next stars
- 7 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 8 Youth charity wins national accolade
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Cycling club using cameras to improve safety on roads