Affordable homes planned for Nailsea
NEW affordable homes could soon be built in Nailsea off Whitesfield Road.
North Somerset Housing is hoping to submit a planning application to build nine homes on the land but the association is asking for residents’ views first.
The proposal is for four two-bedroom flats, one two-bedroom bungalow, one four-bedroom house, two two-bedroom houses and one three-bedroom house.
The land is owned by North Somerset Council and North Somerset Housing. A North Somerset Council spokesman said: “Initial pre-application advice from planning is positive and we have carried out an internal stakeholder meeting with planning, housing need colleagues, ward members and the town council - all were supportive.”
A public consultation is being held on Friday at Whitesfield Court from 2-7pm so residents can view the plans, ask questions and make comments.
You may also want to watch:
North Somerset Housing is hoping to submit a planning application within the next couple of months.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 8 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style