Affordable homes planned for Nailsea
NEW affordable homes could soon be built in Nailsea off Whitesfield Road.
North Somerset Housing is hoping to submit a planning application to build nine homes on the land but the association is asking for residents’ views first.
The proposal is for four two-bedroom flats, one two-bedroom bungalow, one four-bedroom house, two two-bedroom houses and one three-bedroom house.
The land is owned by North Somerset Council and North Somerset Housing. A North Somerset Council spokesman said: “Initial pre-application advice from planning is positive and we have carried out an internal stakeholder meeting with planning, housing need colleagues, ward members and the town council - all were supportive.”
A public consultation is being held on Friday at Whitesfield Court from 2-7pm so residents can view the plans, ask questions and make comments.
You may also want to watch:
North Somerset Housing is hoping to submit a planning application within the next couple of months.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week