Affordable homes planned for Nailsea
NEW affordable homes could soon be built in Nailsea off Whitesfield Road.
North Somerset Housing is hoping to submit a planning application to build nine homes on the land but the association is asking for residents’ views first.
The proposal is for four two-bedroom flats, one two-bedroom bungalow, one four-bedroom house, two two-bedroom houses and one three-bedroom house.
The land is owned by North Somerset Council and North Somerset Housing. A North Somerset Council spokesman said: “Initial pre-application advice from planning is positive and we have carried out an internal stakeholder meeting with planning, housing need colleagues, ward members and the town council - all were supportive.”
A public consultation is being held on Friday at Whitesfield Court from 2-7pm so residents can view the plans, ask questions and make comments.
North Somerset Housing is hoping to submit a planning application within the next couple of months.
- 1 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 2 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 3 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 4 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 5 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 6 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 7 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 8 Environmental groups accused for Portishead rail delay
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Nightclub conversion approved