Aerobathon before a marathon
- Credit: Archant
COLOURFUL fundraisers took part in an aerobathon to support a Nailsea mum who will run this year’s London Marathon.
Jeni Davis will run the course on April 21 for Shine Together which raises money for Southmead and Frenchay Hospitals in Bristol.
To boost the funds she raises for the cause she also organised an aerobathon at Nailsea’s Scotch Horn Leisure Centre which was led by Sizzle Summerell and Ron Davies and saw more than 40 people take part.
The event, which included a raffle with prizes from SP Hair Company, Arcadia, Café 119, Refresh and Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm, resulted in £565 being raised.
Jeni said: “I wasn’t expecting to raise anywhere near that.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to all the people who supported it and to those who donated raffle prizes.”
To sponsor Jeni for her marathon challenge visit www.justgiving.com/Jeni-Davis
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 5 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 8 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 9 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 10 ‘You’ve been flamingoed!”