Aerobathon before a marathon
- Credit: Archant
COLOURFUL fundraisers took part in an aerobathon to support a Nailsea mum who will run this year’s London Marathon.
Jeni Davis will run the course on April 21 for Shine Together which raises money for Southmead and Frenchay Hospitals in Bristol.
To boost the funds she raises for the cause she also organised an aerobathon at Nailsea’s Scotch Horn Leisure Centre which was led by Sizzle Summerell and Ron Davies and saw more than 40 people take part.
The event, which included a raffle with prizes from SP Hair Company, Arcadia, Café 119, Refresh and Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm, resulted in £565 being raised.
Jeni said: “I wasn’t expecting to raise anywhere near that.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to all the people who supported it and to those who donated raffle prizes.”
To sponsor Jeni for her marathon challenge visit www.justgiving.com/Jeni-Davis
- 1 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 6 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 7 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 8 Nailsea pupils enjoy forest school sessions
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Andre Rieu concert screening at cinema
- 10 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival