Adult project ready to rock
AN ADULT rock school will open in Portishead in the New Year.
The Rock Project, which currently provides music tuition to under 18s through weekly classes in Portishead, Clevedon and Nailsea, has become so popular that it is extending its sessions to adults.
Andy Collins, who runs the North Somerset venture, said: “Ever since we opened The Rock Project we have had lots of adults asking when they can join.
“Therefore, I am pleased to bring The Rock Project Encore for over 18s to the area with my team of tutors.”
The new sessions will run at Portishead Youth Centre every Wednesday from 7.45-9.15pm, teaching guitar, bass guitar, drums and vocals.
You may also want to watch:
Each session provides 45 minutes of professional tuition in small groups and then everyone joins together to perform the song they have learnt as a band.
Andy added: “All instruments can be provided at no extra cost, so whether you currently play or are a total beginner, The Rock Project Encore will be ideal for anyone who wants to feel like a rock star!
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 6 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 9 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
“The combination of instrument-specific teaching and group practice makes The Rock Project a uniquely sociable way of learning.”
To book or find out more call 01275 265226, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.therockproject encore.com
n Pictured: The Rock Project team - Mike Fell, Andy Collins, Christian Walsh, Tom Andrews, and Garry Kroll.