Accident on M5
A CAR collided with the central reservation on the M5 near Clevedon this morning (Tues).
Debris was left on the road following the accident which happened at about 8am between junction 20 at Clevedon and junction 19 at Portishead.
A blue Peugeot 307 car collided with the central reservation but was moved to the hard shoulder.
One lane was closed while the crash site was cleared, causing queues of traffic.
One man was taken to hospital as a precaution but did not suffer serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
* In a separate incident, another accident occurred at about 8am this morning on the roundabout above the M5 at junction 20 at Clevedon.
Police were called following reports that a Peugeot 306 had rolled over and was blocking the road with its back wheels overhanging the barrier above the motorway..
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 8 How to order free Covid home tests
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
Ambulances also attended the scene but the driver is thought to have only sustained a cut from the accident.