Accident on M5
A CAR collided with the central reservation on the M5 near Clevedon this morning (Tues).
Debris was left on the road following the accident which happened at about 8am between junction 20 at Clevedon and junction 19 at Portishead.
A blue Peugeot 307 car collided with the central reservation but was moved to the hard shoulder.
One lane was closed while the crash site was cleared, causing queues of traffic.
One man was taken to hospital as a precaution but did not suffer serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
* In a separate incident, another accident occurred at about 8am this morning on the roundabout above the M5 at junction 20 at Clevedon.
Police were called following reports that a Peugeot 306 had rolled over and was blocking the road with its back wheels overhanging the barrier above the motorway..
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 8 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport
Ambulances also attended the scene but the driver is thought to have only sustained a cut from the accident.