Accident on M5
A CAR collided with the central reservation on the M5 near Clevedon this morning (Tues).
Debris was left on the road following the accident which happened at about 8am between junction 20 at Clevedon and junction 19 at Portishead.
A blue Peugeot 307 car collided with the central reservation but was moved to the hard shoulder.
One lane was closed while the crash site was cleared, causing queues of traffic.
One man was taken to hospital as a precaution but did not suffer serious injuries.
* In a separate incident, another accident occurred at about 8am this morning on the roundabout above the M5 at junction 20 at Clevedon.
Police were called following reports that a Peugeot 306 had rolled over and was blocking the road with its back wheels overhanging the barrier above the motorway..
- 1 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 2 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 3 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 4 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 5 Portishead retailer's suitcase appeal to support vulnerable African children
- 6 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 7 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 8 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 9 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 10 Clevedon United under-16 Girls stun Bishops Lydeard
Ambulances also attended the scene but the driver is thought to have only sustained a cut from the accident.