A new date for harlem shake
- Credit: Archant
A HARLEM shake in memory of Nailsea teenager Joe Porter has been postponed until May 12.
The spontaneous dance was due to take place in Somerset Square on April 13, but organisers have had to re-arrange the event.
It will now be held before the charity football match between parents of Long Ashton and Nailsea junior football clubs at Grove Sports Centre, St Mary’s Grove, just before 2pm.
Both events have been organised to raise money for skydive4joe, which was set up in memory of Joe Porter who died of bowel cancer in February.
All the money raised will be split between Bowel Cancer UK and the Teenager Cancer Trust, which supported Joe and his family through his illness.
You may also want to watch:
A charity auction will also be held after the match and anyone interested in donating items for the cause, or any businesses keen to provide refreshments at the event, can call Emma on Emma on 07766 913070.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic