A gruelling nine days for charity
A CLEVEDON man will take on nine days of gruelling cycling to raise money in memory of a family friend.
Nigel Turner will attempt to complete the 1,000-mile route from Lands End to John O’Groats while collecting as much sponsorship for the meningitis fund, A Life for a Cure.
The 51-year-old will take on the challenge, which includes 70,000ft of climbing, alongside his brothers Mike and Jon and his best friend, Peter Scaise.
A Life for a Cure was set up following the death of 16-year-old Ryan Bresnahan, who grew up with Nigel’s eldest daughter, Sophie, but died from meningitis last year.
Nigel said: “Ryan was born three days after my eldest daughter and over his 16 years packed just about as much into life as he could have done.
You may also want to watch:
“We saw him develop from being a cheeky chap to an intelligent, sporty and generous young man that relished everything life had to offer.”
A message from Ryan’s family, who have already raised �112,000 in less than a year, said: “Our commitment to raising funds in memory of Ryan is without doubt long term, with a personal fund-raising target of �1million, toward an overal UK-wide �7million target within Meningitis UK.”
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 7 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 8 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 9 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 10 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
Nigel, Mike, Jon and Peter will set off on their challenge on June 24.
To support them with a donation visit the website www.ryanbresnahan.org and locate LEJOG under fund-raising events or contact Nigel directly by calling 01275 870739 or emailing email@example.com