A diamond for sixty happy years
SIXTY friends and relatives of a Portishead couple gathered at Redwood Hotel and Country Club to celebrate their diamond wedding anniversary.
Pat and John Wooster, of Redcliffe Bay, celebrated the occasion with a special party with their son and daughter and three of their six grandchildren on September 15.
The couple met when John and his mother moved to Pat’s home time of Totnes in Devon when their London home was bombed during the Second World War.
John and Pat’s romance ignited on May 8 1945 when they carried flaming torches together in the VE Day parade through the town.
The couple married seven years later at Totnes Parish Church and one of their bridesmaids and John’s best man joined them to celebrate their diamond anniversary.
You may also want to watch:
Before cutting the cake, John gave Pat a diamond ring to mark 60 years of happy marriage.
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset