A diamond day
- Credit: Archant
A COUPLE from Clevedon enjoyed an evening out with their family to mark their diamond wedding anniversary.
John and Sheila Bell celebrated their special day on Thursday before enjoying a meal at Il Giardino at the town’s seafront on Saturday.
The couple met in 1949 while both working for an oil company and were married in London in 1953.
They have two sons and a daughter, who they brought up in Clevedon, and five grandchildren.
John, aged 84, and 81-year-old Sheila have lived in Edward Road West for more than a year after moving back to Clevedon from Cornwall. They moved to Cornwall from the North Somerset town 30 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
John said: “When people say they have lived together for 60 years and never argued I just don’t believe.
“Everyone has to overcome challenges in life, but overcoming them makes you stronger.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 6 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'