A chance to meet the magi
THREE wise men have been taking people back in time to learn about the Christmas story.
Members of Nailsea Baptist Church have been dressing up as the magi who travelled to see baby Jesus, to give shoppers a deeper insight into the Bible story.
An empty shop next to WH Smith, in Somerset Square, has been transformed into a starry night more than 2,000 years ago. Customers can pop in and meet the magi, who will talk them through the events on the first Christmas night.
Visitors can meet some of the characters and join in with activities such as finding constellations and searching for facts.
There are also narrators telling the tale of the kings’ search for Jesus.
You may also want to watch:
Pastor Gary Woodall said: “We are inviting schools and members of the public to come on a Christmas walk-through back in time.
“At the end of the tour, we’ve got a Christmas scene people can stick their heads through and have their photo taken. The photos can then be downloaded from a website.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 8 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
“It’s the first time we’ve done anything like this. It will be good for people to participate in the story themselves and it reminds everyone what Christmas is about.”
The Christmas journey will be open during the day until Saturday and also during the evening on December 7, alongside a carol concert around the Christmas tree.
Photos can be downloaded from www.getinthepicture.co.uk