65 years for Shiner and Florrie
A CLEVEDON couple have marked their 65th wedding anniversary surrounded by family and friends.
On August 31, Shiner (Oliver) and Florrie Wight enjoyed a meal at Mon Plaisir off Hill Road before returning to their Riverside Close home for champagne and a slice of cake.
As regular visitors to St Andrew’s Church in Old Church Road, the couple were given a blessing at the Sunday morning service and they have also donated an inscribed candle stand which will be used for weddings and future celebrations.
A plaque was also placed on Clevedon Pier in recognition of them reaching the milestone.
Shiner, aged 87, and Florrie, aged 86, met and married in Maidstone, Kent, before moving to Clevedon in 1982. They have one daughter, Jackie, and two grandsons.
You may also want to watch:
Florrie said: “We never thought we would get to our 60th, but to be married for 65 years and receive a second congratulatory card from the Queen is incredible.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 4 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 8 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 9 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 10 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project