65 years for Shiner and Florrie
A CLEVEDON couple have marked their 65th wedding anniversary surrounded by family and friends.
On August 31, Shiner (Oliver) and Florrie Wight enjoyed a meal at Mon Plaisir off Hill Road before returning to their Riverside Close home for champagne and a slice of cake.
As regular visitors to St Andrew’s Church in Old Church Road, the couple were given a blessing at the Sunday morning service and they have also donated an inscribed candle stand which will be used for weddings and future celebrations.
A plaque was also placed on Clevedon Pier in recognition of them reaching the milestone.
Shiner, aged 87, and Florrie, aged 86, met and married in Maidstone, Kent, before moving to Clevedon in 1982. They have one daughter, Jackie, and two grandsons.
You may also want to watch:
Florrie said: “We never thought we would get to our 60th, but to be married for 65 years and receive a second congratulatory card from the Queen is incredible.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans