Flower show celebrates 62nd year running despite wet weather
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people attended the 62nd Spring Flower Show in Clevedon this weekend.
Clevedon Gardeners Club held the event at Princes Hall which saw 83 classes including photography, baking and children's classes.
Despite the wet weather on the day, 350 people attended the event and they were treated to a number of stalls selling cakes, books, bric a brac and a tombola.
Christine Jarvis won a prize for most points in bulb section and Carol Raines won most points in garden material section.
The Don Everitt Cup, for club member with most points in both bulb and garden, went to Chris Jarvis.
You may also want to watch:
Carol Raines won the Ellen Burrows Trophy for best exhibit of snowdrops by a club member.
The children's classes had more entries this year.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 4 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 7 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 8 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 9 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 10 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
A spokesperson for the gardeners club said: "We were glad to have these sections as it creates a lot of pleasure both for the entrants and the visitors."