Flower show celebrates 62nd year running despite wet weather
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people attended the 62nd Spring Flower Show in Clevedon this weekend.
Clevedon Gardeners Club held the event at Princes Hall which saw 83 classes including photography, baking and children's classes.
Despite the wet weather on the day, 350 people attended the event and they were treated to a number of stalls selling cakes, books, bric a brac and a tombola.
Christine Jarvis won a prize for most points in bulb section and Carol Raines won most points in garden material section.
The Don Everitt Cup, for club member with most points in both bulb and garden, went to Chris Jarvis.
Carol Raines won the Ellen Burrows Trophy for best exhibit of snowdrops by a club member.
The children's classes had more entries this year.
- 1 COURT RESULTS: Speeding woman, 71, banned from driving
- 2 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 3 'Unavoidable' delays push back pier-to-pier cycle way between Weston and Clevedon
- 4 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
- 5 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
- 6 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 7 The Hungry Caterpillar teaches Nailsea school about healthy eating
- 8 Portishead Tennis Club to host open day on new courts
- 9 Covid cases rise: 1-in-30 estimated to be positive
- 10 Clevedon School treated to charity talk on 'forgotten' black history
A spokesperson for the gardeners club said: "We were glad to have these sections as it creates a lot of pleasure both for the entrants and the visitors."