Flower show celebrates 62nd year running despite wet weather
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people attended the 62nd Spring Flower Show in Clevedon this weekend.
Clevedon Gardeners Club held the event at Princes Hall which saw 83 classes including photography, baking and children's classes.
Despite the wet weather on the day, 350 people attended the event and they were treated to a number of stalls selling cakes, books, bric a brac and a tombola.
Christine Jarvis won a prize for most points in bulb section and Carol Raines won most points in garden material section.
The Don Everitt Cup, for club member with most points in both bulb and garden, went to Chris Jarvis.
You may also want to watch:
Carol Raines won the Ellen Burrows Trophy for best exhibit of snowdrops by a club member.
The children's classes had more entries this year.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 4 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 5 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 6 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 7 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 8 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 9 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 10 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
A spokesperson for the gardeners club said: "We were glad to have these sections as it creates a lot of pleasure both for the entrants and the visitors."