Flower show celebrates 62nd year running despite wet weather
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people attended the 62nd Spring Flower Show in Clevedon this weekend.
Clevedon Gardeners Club held the event at Princes Hall which saw 83 classes including photography, baking and children's classes.
Despite the wet weather on the day, 350 people attended the event and they were treated to a number of stalls selling cakes, books, bric a brac and a tombola.
Christine Jarvis won a prize for most points in bulb section and Carol Raines won most points in garden material section.
The Don Everitt Cup, for club member with most points in both bulb and garden, went to Chris Jarvis.
You may also want to watch:
Carol Raines won the Ellen Burrows Trophy for best exhibit of snowdrops by a club member.
The children's classes had more entries this year.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 7 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 8 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 10 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
A spokesperson for the gardeners club said: "We were glad to have these sections as it creates a lot of pleasure both for the entrants and the visitors."