Flower show celebrates 62nd year running despite wet weather
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people attended the 62nd Spring Flower Show in Clevedon this weekend.
Clevedon Gardeners Club held the event at Princes Hall which saw 83 classes including photography, baking and children's classes.
Despite the wet weather on the day, 350 people attended the event and they were treated to a number of stalls selling cakes, books, bric a brac and a tombola.
Christine Jarvis won a prize for most points in bulb section and Carol Raines won most points in garden material section.
The Don Everitt Cup, for club member with most points in both bulb and garden, went to Chris Jarvis.
You may also want to watch:
Carol Raines won the Ellen Burrows Trophy for best exhibit of snowdrops by a club member.
The children's classes had more entries this year.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 7 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 10 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
A spokesperson for the gardeners club said: "We were glad to have these sections as it creates a lot of pleasure both for the entrants and the visitors."