60 years for Reg and Phyllis
A NAILSEA couple were surrounded by family members and old friends to mark their diamond wedding anniversary.
Reg and Phyllis Mitchell celebrated 60 years of marriage on December 2 and two days later enjoyed a meal at The Star Inn in Tickenham.
Both in their 80s, the couple have lived in the same house in Valley Way Road for more than 50 years after meeting during World War Two and marrying on December 2, 1950.
Reg was in the army and served in North Africa and Italy while Phyllis was sent to Tickenham to help care for wounded soldiers.
Reg was born and brought up in Wraxall and Phyllis grew up in Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
Before retiring, Reg worked for a building supplies company in Bristol and Phyllis worked in a shop called Audrey’s in Nailsea.
- 1 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 2 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 3 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 4 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 5 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 6 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 7 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 8 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 9 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 10 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm