60 years for Reg and Phyllis
A NAILSEA couple were surrounded by family members and old friends to mark their diamond wedding anniversary.
Reg and Phyllis Mitchell celebrated 60 years of marriage on December 2 and two days later enjoyed a meal at The Star Inn in Tickenham.
Both in their 80s, the couple have lived in the same house in Valley Way Road for more than 50 years after meeting during World War Two and marrying on December 2, 1950.
Reg was in the army and served in North Africa and Italy while Phyllis was sent to Tickenham to help care for wounded soldiers.
Reg was born and brought up in Wraxall and Phyllis grew up in Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
Before retiring, Reg worked for a building supplies company in Bristol and Phyllis worked in a shop called Audrey’s in Nailsea.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 8 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style