60 years for Reg and Phyllis
A NAILSEA couple were surrounded by family members and old friends to mark their diamond wedding anniversary.
Reg and Phyllis Mitchell celebrated 60 years of marriage on December 2 and two days later enjoyed a meal at The Star Inn in Tickenham.
Both in their 80s, the couple have lived in the same house in Valley Way Road for more than 50 years after meeting during World War Two and marrying on December 2, 1950.
Reg was in the army and served in North Africa and Italy while Phyllis was sent to Tickenham to help care for wounded soldiers.
Reg was born and brought up in Wraxall and Phyllis grew up in Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
Before retiring, Reg worked for a building supplies company in Bristol and Phyllis worked in a shop called Audrey’s in Nailsea.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 8 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport