50 years of the ladies circle
A SPECIAL plaque has been installed on Clevedon Pier to mark the 50th anniversary of a town group.
Clevedon and District Ladies Circle was formed in 1961 and members recently celebrated reaching the milestone with an evening at the Walton Park Hotel.
The event was attended by 70 past and present members as well as the national chairman Naomi Hicks and area chairman Sarah Harding.
The Clevedon and District Ladies Circle is open to women aged 18-45, meets every fortnight and has recently taken part in activities including rock climbing, canoeing, salsa dancing, cookery and theatre trips.
The members also work hard to raise money for charity by organising events and collecting donations outside shops. This year’s chosen charity is the Alzheimer’s Society.
You may also want to watch:
Vice-chairman Jane Geldart said: “When you first hear the words ladies circle you might think of cake baking, jam making and knitting. That is not us.
“We are much more adventurous.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 Portishead furniture maker features in new BBC TV series
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
“I joined ladies circle when I was new to the area to meet like-minded people.”
To find out more about the group call Jane on 07980 279515 or Anne Wilkinson on 07910 161145.