Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
- Credit: Archant
The sun will be scorching across North Somerset this weekend, so get outside and enjoy what is on offer in the area.
- Head to Nailsea for an afternoon of drinks, barbecue and sun.
A summer fair organised by Hannah More and Grove School parents will run in Whiteoak Way from noon to 2pm tomorrow (Saturday).
A barbecue, Pimm’s and cider tent, face-painting booth, tombola and more will feature.
- A carnival will take place for Yatton’s schools on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Entrants dress up for the magical theme will set off from Cherry Grove at 2.45pm
After the parade through the High Street, a fair will be held at the schools from 3-6pm, featuring games, a beer tent, raffle, tombola and more.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Portishead garden protected from development
- 5 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 8 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- A regatta will be held in Pill at 3.30pm on Saturday to raise money for boat repairs and to build or buy four new boats.
The races will be along the River Avon and there will be a tug of war challenge, stalls, a barbecue and a live band at the Duke of Cornwall, in Pump Square.
- The Congresbury Singers will perform a Magic Of The Musicals show at the Old School Rooms, in Station Road, on Saturday at 7.30pm.
Tickets, priced £8, are available from the Post Office in Brinsea Road.
- Like many places across North Somerset this weekend, Clevedon will host a special event to mark Armed Forces Day.
A parade and drumhead service will be held at 2.15pm at Salthouse Fields, off Old Church Road, on Sunday.
The march will start at 2.30pm.