5 of the best real ale pubs in North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
For the beer connoisseur there is nothing like a visit to a pub that specialises in real ales. Here are 5 of our favourites.
Tel: 01934 877402
CAMRA Bristol & District Branch Pub of the year for last 3 years (2013, 2014 and 2015) this pub has a range of cask conditioned beer selected from West Country brewers such as Yeovil Ales, RCH. Butcombe, Cheddar Ales, Otter and St Austels among many others.
Tel: 01934 852995
With eight real ales to choose from and a recommendation by the Good Pub Guide which says the pub has a “super range of real ales”, this is a must visit for any ardent real ale fan. These ales include Bath Gem, Bass, Butcombe Bitter, Cotleigh Barn Owl, Palmers IPA, RCH IPA, St Austell Tribute and Twisted Oak Old Barn.
You may also want to watch:
Tel: 01275 842105
Recommended by The Good Pub Guide who honoured it with its beer award, this character filled pub dates back to the 14th century. It has Bath Gem, Brains SA, Butcombe Bitter, Courage Best and Otter Ale on handpump or tapped from the cask, as well as two farm ciders.
- 1 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 2 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 4 Conservative named as Avon and Somerset police and crime commissioner
- 5 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 6 Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- 7 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
- 8 Nailsea & Backwell enjoy return to rugby action
- 9 May 17: Museums gear up to reopen in North Somerset next week
- 10 Lions fund noticeboard for Backwell viewpoint
Tel: 01275 563879
Situated near the seafront this mid-terrace pub serves three regular beers, Butcombe Bitter, Fuller’s London Pride, Sharp’s Doom Bar and one guest beer. It is listed in the Good Beer Guide and in 2010 it won Best Beer Pub of the Year from Punch Taverns
Tel: 01275 818483
Labelled as ‘worth a visit’ and given a beer award by the Good Pub Guide this pub serves Bass, Butcombe and Courage ales as well as local guests. The pub has recently been restyled and its curving glass frontage that rises two storeys makes the most of its terrific panorama over Bristol Channel.