10th moonwalk for octogenerian
A VETERAN fundraiser is limbering up for her 10th charity MoonWalk this month, at the grand old age of 81.
Mary Yates, from Clapton-in-Gordano, will be taking part in the annual event in London’s Hyde Park, on May 12, to raise funds for Penny Brohn Cancer Care.
More than 17,000 women attend the walk in brightly coloured bras in support of breast cancer causes.
The Pill charity provides a team of volunteers to represent Walk the Walk, one of the charity’s major funders, which organises the MoonWalk.
The charity’s events and corporate manager, Amy Cason, said: “Mary is a fantastic volunteer for us and is always willing to help out whenever possible.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s amazing that this will be her 10th MoonWalk with us and we’re very lucky to have her on board.”
Mary said: “I’ve been fundraising for years and the MoonWalk is one of my favourite events as it is non-competitive and has such a great atmosphere.
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 5 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 10 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
“I’m 81 now but I will continue doing it for as long as I can.”