�100k invested in sports centre
COMMUNITY sport and leisure facilities in Portishead have been upgraded thanks to a �100,000 investment.
D C Leisure which manages Parish Wharf Leisure Centre has made the investment to give the Harbour Road facility, which includes a swimming pool, gym, sport courts, children’s soft play, cr�che and cafe, a 21st century facelift.
A complete makeover and the addition of new cardiovascular equipment in the gym, has transformed the area into a vibrant fitness studio.
Refurbishment of the sports hall flooring has resulted in a much improved surface and a multipurpose studio has also been refurbished. The final phase of the improvements, due to take place in the coming weeks, includes updating the vanity area to the swimming pool, along with the fitting of new flooring.
Earlier in the year DC Leisure spent more than �5,000 on new equipment to help improve the water temperature of the swimming pool.
You may also want to watch:
Contract manager Keith Evans said: “We are committed to developing community leisure.
“Parish Wharf is a fantastic centre which is at the heart of the community, as a site and company we always aim to reinvest in our facilities to provide a level of service that impresses our customers at every opportunity.”
- 1 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 2 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 New bike shelter opened at Weston General Hospital for Clean Air Day
- 7 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 8 Portishead Summer Show announces 2021 dates
- 9 Circus Funtasia comes to Clevedon
- 10 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward
DC Leisure also manages Strode Leisure Centre in Clevedon which has seen improvements made to the sports hall in the past year. Plans are also underway to update the existing gym at the Strode Road facility and work is expected to begin in the spring.