�100k invested in sports centre
COMMUNITY sport and leisure facilities in Portishead have been upgraded thanks to a �100,000 investment.
D C Leisure which manages Parish Wharf Leisure Centre has made the investment to give the Harbour Road facility, which includes a swimming pool, gym, sport courts, children’s soft play, cr�che and cafe, a 21st century facelift.
A complete makeover and the addition of new cardiovascular equipment in the gym, has transformed the area into a vibrant fitness studio.
Refurbishment of the sports hall flooring has resulted in a much improved surface and a multipurpose studio has also been refurbished. The final phase of the improvements, due to take place in the coming weeks, includes updating the vanity area to the swimming pool, along with the fitting of new flooring.
Earlier in the year DC Leisure spent more than �5,000 on new equipment to help improve the water temperature of the swimming pool.
You may also want to watch:
Contract manager Keith Evans said: “We are committed to developing community leisure.
“Parish Wharf is a fantastic centre which is at the heart of the community, as a site and company we always aim to reinvest in our facilities to provide a level of service that impresses our customers at every opportunity.”
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 5 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 6 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 7 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 8 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season
DC Leisure also manages Strode Leisure Centre in Clevedon which has seen improvements made to the sports hall in the past year. Plans are also underway to update the existing gym at the Strode Road facility and work is expected to begin in the spring.