�1,000 bagged for lights appeal
MORE than �1,000 was bagged during a Christmas lights appeal in Clevedon.
Clevedon Pride needs to raise �10,000 to pay for festive lights to be put up in Queens Square and Old Church Road and a recent handbag sale made a great contribution to funds.
Organised by group member Julie Bisacre, residents were asked to donate any unwanted handbags which were then sold during the MARLENS festival at the end of September.
With designer makes included in the collection of more than 500 second-hand bags, the sale was a huge success.
Julie, who owns Present Company in Queens Square, said: “Clevedon Pride is overwhelmed by the result of the sale. We are very grateful to everyone who contributed a handbag.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been a really worthwhile effort and the community response to our appeal for handbags has been remarkable.
“We still have a number of good quality handbags left to sell and in the middle of November Clevedon Pride will be holding a handbag and jewellery sale at the Conservative Club in Clevedon.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 4 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
As part of its fundraising efforts, Clevedon Pride will also hold its annual Christmas fair in Queens Square from 2-6pm on November 26.
Anyone wishing to book a stall should call Mike Bisacre on 01275 874097.