�1,000 bagged for lights appeal
MORE than �1,000 was bagged during a Christmas lights appeal in Clevedon.
Clevedon Pride needs to raise �10,000 to pay for festive lights to be put up in Queens Square and Old Church Road and a recent handbag sale made a great contribution to funds.
Organised by group member Julie Bisacre, residents were asked to donate any unwanted handbags which were then sold during the MARLENS festival at the end of September.
With designer makes included in the collection of more than 500 second-hand bags, the sale was a huge success.
Julie, who owns Present Company in Queens Square, said: “Clevedon Pride is overwhelmed by the result of the sale. We are very grateful to everyone who contributed a handbag.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been a really worthwhile effort and the community response to our appeal for handbags has been remarkable.
“We still have a number of good quality handbags left to sell and in the middle of November Clevedon Pride will be holding a handbag and jewellery sale at the Conservative Club in Clevedon.”
- 1 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 2 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 3 Nailsea & Backwell under-16s get better of Weston on return to rugby
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 Business expansion plans get the go-ahead at Royal Portbury Dock
- 6 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 7 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 8 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 9 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 10 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop
As part of its fundraising efforts, Clevedon Pride will also hold its annual Christmas fair in Queens Square from 2-6pm on November 26.
Anyone wishing to book a stall should call Mike Bisacre on 01275 874097.