Wine bars: 6 of the best in North Somerset
North Somerset Times
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Enjoy a tipple? Bit of a wine connoisseur? Here are our favourite 6 wine bars in North Somerset
Run by husband and wife team Andy and Sharon Bridgman for the past 10 years, this dog-friendly wine bar offers a comfortable, upmarket venue. Complementary olives and salted nuts are standard with drinks while a variety of continental coffees are available for earlier in the day and after meals. All wine is available by the glass and can be tasted first to see if it passes personal muster.
Wine by the bottle or glass, image via Pixabay under a Creative Commons Licence Code
Serving up exclusive wines and cocktails, Bonds aims for a sophisticated clientele. It serves coffee and snacks throughout the day and is a music-free venue, making it popular with business types and an over 40s very civilised crowd.
This wine bar celebrates what it refers to as “simple old fashion traditional qualities” meaning good food and friendly service with the owner Junior playing front of house and coming out to regularly chat to guests. The food is Chinese cuisine with tapas served in the plushly-decorated wine bar. More substantial meals are available in the upstairs restaurant. Wines available are both New and Old World sourced.
You may also want to watch:
Housed in a Victorian grade II-listed building, the Cellar serves up Spanish tapas along with a vast array of wines. The atmosphere is cosy and comfortable for both day and night while there’s live music entertainment on a Tuesday night.
Stylish and with a well-stocked cellar, the York Hotel’s wine bar has a relaxing ambience and views of Weston promenade at the window seats and, of course, on the terrace. Cocktails are also available throughout the day, as are hot and cold snacks.
- 1 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 2 Portishead Town set up Community Christmas Cheer to help local town
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 6 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 7 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 Brand new five-bedroom family home in AONB
- 10 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
Bright and colourful, the Impero lounge is open until 11pm throughout the week. It serves brunch, tapas, burgers and fish – so a menu that’s bound to appeal to most individuals. Caters for those who follow a gluten-free diet or have food intolerances.
Did we miss any let us know @NSomTimes