Restaurants in Long Ashton and Failand: 5 top places to eat
- Credit: Archant
You can find Michelin recommended food, top notch Indian cuisine and traditional pub grub in this area of North Somerset - all a stones throw from Long Ashton Golf Course and Ashton Court
Long Ashton Road, Long Ashton, BS41 9LT
The Angel Inn is village pub with a long tradition of serving ale and traditional food to the people of North Somerset. The building retains quirky features such as the huge fireplace which is still the main heating for the building, wooden shutters and heavy oak doors. Known for its bustling atmosphere, the pub is in prime location for those attending an event at Ashton Court nearby to grab a bite to eat.
Ashton Road, Bristol, BS41 9LX
If you’re looking for rural charm, head to country pub and restaurant The Ashton, reopening from April 3 2015 following a refurbishment. Dine by a roaring open fire, or, weather permitting, soak up the sun and eat alfresco in the beer garden. Dishes are prepared using quality seasonal ingredients to create traditional pub food with a modern twist.
You may also want to watch:
17 Weston Road, Long Ashton, BS41 9LA
Find top notch food and ales in a welcoming environment at The Bird in Hand. The pub was recently awarded a Bib Gourmand - given to restaurants offering exceptional good food at moderate prices - by the Michelin Guide.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 9 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 10 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
The menu boasts modern British cuisine created from local, seasonal and foraged produce. And if that’s not enough, you can rest assured that everything, from bread to black pudding, is homemade on site.
Clevedon Road, Failand, BS8 3TU
Specialising in home-cooked food and a warm welcome, the family-run business is well located for those based en route to or from Bristol Airport. Recommended for their ‘good atmosphere and fast service’ The Failand Inn serves traditional pub classics in addition to a delicious sounding dessert menu of old favourites.
18 Providence Lane, Long Ashton, BS41 9DJ
If you fancy something spicy, head to The Spice Inn for traditional Indian food. The spacious restaurant has a fab view, plus an outdoor dining area. Takeaways are also available and receive a 10 per cent discount.
Where is your favourite restaurant in North Somerset? Let us know @NSomTimes
Like this? Check out the top 9 restaurants in Portishead