Stunning, open-plan, versatile living in historic Banwell
- Credit: Debbie Fortune Estate Agents
A beautifully-modernised, extended and versatile three/four bedroom detached dormer bungalow, in one of the oldest and most prestigious villages in Weston.
Occupying a lovely, semi-rural position looking out over miles of countryside, the property is set back from the road, having a large, paved and gravelled driveway providing plentiful parking, a garage, lawn and access to either side of the property at the front.
It comprises; a hallway, four ground-floor reception rooms, conservatory, kitchen-breakfast-sitting room, bathroom, toilet, and a cloak cupboard on the ground floor, while the first floor houses the master suite and a bedroom.
A handsome staircase and polished wooden floorboards are features of the hallway, with the flooring continued in many of the ground-floor rooms.
The reception rooms could be used for a variety of purposes, currently there are two sitting rooms featuring character fireplaces and lovely bay windows. The two back rooms are used as a dining room, with a pretty brick fireplace, and a study/bedroom. The dining room has a door to the large conservatory, which has French doors to the back garden.
Up to three of the reception rooms could easily be used as bedrooms.
The most impressive feature of the bungalow is a stunning, extended open-plan kitchen-family room, which is homely, yet perfect for entertaining friends and family. A sitting area features another lovely fireplace, has a door to the side garden and opens into an incredible kitchen, bathed in natural light from a magnificent roof lantern. This is fitted with an impressive array of chic cream-coloured, shaker-style units, topped with a black granite worktop. A central island provides storage and a breakfast bar with inset butler’s sink. Numerous integrated appliances are included, as is space for a Rangemaster-style cooker, an oak floor with underfloor heating, picture windows, French doors leading into the garden and another set of French doors to the conservatory, which also benefits from underfloor heating.
- 1 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 2 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 5 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 6 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
Upstairs, there is a double bedroom with two Velux ceiling windows and eaves storage, plus a magnificent master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and views over the beautiful back garden and beyond.
Outside, is a landscaped, south-westerly-facing back garden comprising a large level lawn flanked by attractive pathways, leading to ponds and planted borders. There are several delightful seating areas to soak up the wonderful ambience and scenery, among the array of trees, shrubs and flowers.
Guide price: £625,000
Location: Wolvershill Road, Banwell
Agent: Debbie Fortune Estate Agents, 01934 862370